Friday, October 10, 2014

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2014





The Sea Wolf, Jack London, 1st Edition, 1904

Daily Thoughts 10/10/2014


I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

On the way to work I read some more of Burdens of the Dead.  I rather enjoyed reading it because there is lots of intrigue in the series.  It is an alternate history where magic works and some of the old gods and legends live.

I checked the flyers, gift books, and displays this morning. I also picked up two books to read, Terry Pratchett A Slip of the Keyboard Collected Nonfiction with a foreword by Neil Gaiman.  I like Terry Pratchett's style of humor.  Also the book, Superintelligence Paths Dangers Strategies by Nick Bostrum came in for me to read.

I am compiling the monthly statistics for the library.

I spent a little time shifting in the 900s.  I also sent in a photograph for the Sisters in Crime library drawing.

On the way home, I finished reading Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini.  I am reading about the scandal which was caused by Elizabeth Keckley's Behind The Scenes, Or Thirty Years a Slave, and Four Years in the White House. 

I also finished reading Burdens of the Dead by Mercedes Lackey, Eric Flint, and Dave Freer.

Web Bits


Data 101 for Librarians – Metro Class

Little Known Punctuation Marks Infographic
I am quite fond of the interrobang.

Report: Amazon to Open Brick and Mortar Store


No comments: