Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Daily thoughts 02/03/2015


Still Life With Drawing Board, Pipe, Onions, and Ceiling Wax, Vincent Van Gogh, 1889

Daily Thoughts 02/03/2015

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

On the way to work, I finished reading The Whispering Swarm by Michael Moorcock.  I rather liked how Michael Moorcock managed to seemlessly integrate fantasy with every day reality with an odd mix of mysticism and strange physics.

I read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement and the latest Baker and Taylor Forecast.  There are a few books for me to order.

I spent some time discussing two films for Black History Month, Prince Among Slaves and Hidden Colors.

The first session of a Crochet Workshop was today from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Community Room.

Two books came in for me to read, Dark Intelligence by Neal Asher, and Behind the Dream The Making of the Speech that Transformed a Nation by Clarence B. Jones and Stuart Connelly.  We are reading the Behind the Dream book for the book club on February 26, 2015 at 1:00 p.m.

There are two computer classes tonight, a Fundamentals of Computer Operations class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Beginning Microsoft Word class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.



Web Bits


Scholastic Study: Choosing Books Builds Love of Reading

Winning All Over the Map Budgets and Funding


No comments: