Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Daily Thoughts 02/24/2015

Scholars at a Lecture, William Hogarth

Daily Thoughts 02/24/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.  I also checked the displays.

I have a copy of Forecast to read through.  I also have been updating the Bookletters section of the website.  Part of it is adding more emails to the e-blast.

I placed an order from Content Reserve for e-books today.

There is a crochet class in the Fiction Room from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. today.  The class went very well.  People seem to be learning.

Another person came by to pick up some chapbooks from the Mount Vernon Poetry Workshop.

I spent some time working on the computer class schedules for March.  I printed out some sign up sheets for classes.

There are two computer classes today, A Fundamentals of Computer Class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and a Beginning Microsoft Word Class from 6:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.

A bit on the book club choice on Thursday.
http://mountvernon.dailyvoice.com/events/mount-vernon-library-book-club-discusses-book-i-have-dream-speech

On the way home, I read some more of Waking, Dreaming, Being by Evan Thompson.  The book is very contemplative.  There are new words and ideas like neurophenomenology.  I am reading about how measuring consciousness which can be described as both a qualitative and subjective internal state does not work easily with science which is focused on the material world and objective reality.  The ideas are meditative in their quality, but questionable in their underlying view of reality.  I don't understand a lot of it.  However, the writing is excellent and that makes up for my lack of understanding.


Web Bits



Last Call: Comment On Draft National Policy Agenda for Libraries by 2-27

Lawmaker Wants to Rid Seed Libraries of Outlaw Status

No comments: