Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Daily Thoughts 02/04/2015


Daily Thoughts 02/04/2015

This morning I was at the dentist.  I read a bunch of Dark Intelligence Transformation Book One by Neal Asher.  This is space opera with a very dark background.  The aliens in this book are purely brutal and the artificial intelligences which control humanity are quite often not benign.  The alien Prador are intelligent crustaceans with an hierarchy based on cunning, kinship, and raw brutality.  One of the characters in the book is slowing turning into a predatory alien.  This book mixes monstrous behavior, high technology, and ruthless intrigue with space opera.

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also spent some time looking through my email.

I also am looking at Behind the Dream The Making of the Speech That Transformed a Nation by Clarence D. Jones and Stuart Connelly.  This will be the next book for our book club.  February is black history month.

Web Bits

President Obama’s Budget Increases Library Funding

Is Book Reviewing A Public Service or An Art

No comments: