Thursday, June 2, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/02/2016

File:Albert Aublet - Reading on the garden path (1883).jpg
Reading on the Garden Path, Albert Aublet, 1883

Daily Thoughts 06/02/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

On the way to work, I read some of Sepp Holzer's Permaculture A Practical Guide to Small-Scale Integrative Farming and Gardening by Sepp Holzer.  This is about integrated organic farming designed to be built into the natural landscape.  It has coverage of heirloom trees, raised bed gardening, polyculture, and breeding of livestock like yaks, bison, hogs, geese and other animals.  I find it interesting.  It has an ecological perspective.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I did a little bit of weeding.

We had a meeting to discuss the new ADP time management system.

I worked a little bit with scheduling.

There is a class tonight on Email and Gmail from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..

The 2016 Adult Summer Reading club is called Exercise Your Mind.  I am reading the manual for the program.

Web Bits


Pushing for Open Textbooks

How Librarian's Could Help Solve Tech's Gender Wage Gap

Dolly Parton: How My Father Inspired the 'Imagination Library'

No comments: