Saturday, June 11, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/11/2016

Still Life with White Jar, Orange and Book - Vilhelm Lundstrom
Still Life with a White Jar, Vilhelm Lundstrom, 1933

Daily Thoughts 06/11/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also read some of The Industries of the Future.  I am reading about Big Data.  Big Data has played a large role in elections lately.  It was used to determine which messages worked best during the Obama campaign for the presidency.  It is also used to track advertising.  Everything people do has slowly been turned into a measurable activity.

I put in an order for new books this morning.

I also spent some time working on my schedule for programming today with a colleague.  I am also arranging for exam proctoring as well.

I checked out the book, The View from the Cheap Seats which is a collection of essays by Neil Gaiman.

Web Bits


Boys Are Forever Early Life Conditions, Education and Lifetime Earnings in Europe

Forget the Mall, These Days , Teens Go To Library Makerspaces


No comments: