Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/29/2016

Self-portrait with a Sketch Book - Rembrandt
Self Portrait With a Sketch Book, Rembrandt, Unknown

Daily Thoughts 06/29/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I enjoyed reading The Thirteen Clocks by James Thurber.  It is a story written as a fairy tale for children.  There is a whimsical, nonsensical quality to it.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I signed up a few more people for the Adult Summer Reading Program.  I put in a few patron requests for books.

I am organizing my desk a little bit.

I am looking at the book, Hear My Sad Story The True Tales That Inspired Stagolee, John Henry and Other Traditional American Folksongs by Richard Polenberg.

I changed the displays today.  It is National Culinary Arts Month and National Ice Cream Month in July.

I also put out the new Bookpage.

I am wearing an Adult Summer Reading shirt which says Exercise Your Mind, READ.

I read some of Hear My Sad Story.  I learned about the origin of the songs St. Louis Blues, Stagolee, and Frankie and Johnny.  All are tragic.  The author is only describing songs with a considerable amount of documented history.

Web Bits


The Oldest Library in the World Just Opened to the Public-- Here's A Look Inside

Library  Offers Live Chat With NASA Astronaut on Space Station

Abinanti Announces Library Construction Grants
http://www.lohud.com/story/news/2016/06/28/abinanti-announces-library-construction-grants/86444860/

No comments: