Thursday, June 9, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/09/2016

Portrait of Dmitry Mendeleev - Repin Ilya
Portrait of Dmitri Mendeleev, Ilya Repin, 1885

Daily Thoughts 06/09/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I rested on the way to work today.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I wrote my monthly report covering May today.  I also updated a few things for adult summer reading.

I am planning on doing the book, Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes by Marie Konnikova for a book club in July.

I did a little bit of weeding today.  I also did a little bit of preparation for my weekly order on Saturday.

On the way home, I read some more of The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross.  I am reading about small monetary transactions over mobile phones as well as how the bitcoin blockchain system works.

Web Bits


What Fiction Has to Say About the Libraries of the Future

MoMA's Hidden Electro-Library Show

Hayden Nomination Clears Senate Rules Committee

Bring Federal Job Training Funding Home to Your Library


No comments: