Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/21/2016

NRPublicLibraryOld.JPG
Old Public Library Building in New Rochelle, New York Postcard originally published by Tichenor & Rudolph, Middletown, N.Y, 1910

Daily Thoughts 06/21/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I rested on the way to work.

I checked the gift books and the displays.  I also printed a number of flyers for events in July.  Tomorrow I plan on printing more flyers for programs in August.  A number of them are author programs as well as programs in the community room for computers.

I read a copy of the New York Times Book Review. I also put several copies of Mastermind:  How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes on hold by Maria Konnikova.

This afternoon I had a meeting with Davidson Titles who are specialty distributor for libraries.  I ordered books for the central library district from them today.

On the way home, I read some more of The View from the Cheap Seats. Neil Gaiman is writing about introductions he did for books of stories by H.G. Wells, H.P. Lovecraft, Rudyard Kipling, Edgar Allen Poe, Dracula, and G.K. Chesterton.

I also read some more of Walkable City.  I am reading about bicycles in the city.  There are some interesting ideas about bicycle commuting and bike lans.

Web Bits


Ali and Me: Kareem Abdul Jabbar Remembers Muhammad Ali

This Library has Books Checked out by Hamilton and Burr

Why Indy Presses Are Opening Bookstores

No comments: