Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Daily Thoughts 06/08/2016


Youth reading - Reza Abbasi
Youth Reading, Reza Abbasi, 1626

Daily Thoughts 06/08/2016

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library this morning.

I also checked the displays and the gift books.

I spent a little time working on orders for next week.


I did a little weeding.


I spent a little time on planning for upcoming programming for Summer Reading.  We are planning on ordering some acrylic logo cups.  I saw similar ones at the Urban Librarians Unite conference and liked them.

I read a copy of the July Ingram Advance today.  One of the books that looked interesting was The Age of Em Work, Love, and Life When Robots Rule the Earth by Robin Hanson.

On the way home, I read some more of The Industries of the Future.  I read about how Japan is planning on making caretaker robots for older adults because there are not enough young people to take care of the elderly.  There was also some material on advances in genetics.  They touched on an idea that I find interesting, that it may be possible to bring back extinct animals in the future like the mammoth.


Web Bits



Race, Inequality, polarized politics: Why Shakespeare’s 1623 First Folio Matters In 2016


Borrowing A Tune: Vancouver Library Launches Musical Instrument Lending Program



No comments: