Thursday, December 8, 2016

Daily Thoughts 12/08/2016

French School 19th-century Woman holding an umbrella.jpg
French School, 19th Century, Woman Holding an Umbrella, Bears False Signature, G. Courbet


Daily Thoughts 12/08/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I finished reading Messy, The Power of Disorder to Transform Our Lives by Tim Harford.  This is a nice reminder that a little chaos can be invigorating.

I also started reading American Philosophy A Love Story by John Kaag.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I wrote my monthly report.

I did some preparation for ordering.

I put a new person into the ADP system today.

I have been looking at the Programming Librarian website for events.
http://www.programminglibrarian.org/node/338

I read some of American Philosophy A Love Story on the train home.  It is about a philosophy teacher who discovers a library of antiquarian philosophy books and arranges to organize and study the collection.

Web Bits

New Partnership Aims to Provide Every LAUSD  Student With A Library Card

Apple Is Planning to Set Up Shot At Carnegie Library


No comments: