Monday, December 12, 2016

Daily Thoughts 12/12/2016


Tao Gu Presents a Poem - Tang Yin
Tao Gu Presents A Poem, Tang Yin, 1515


Daily Thoughts 12/12/2016

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I also checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some time looking through the flyers I had sent out with Constant Contact and the flyers I had posted on Facebook for the last several years.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Book Review.  I also placed the book, The Revenge of Analog: Real Things and Why They Matter by David Sax on hold.

I also read a copy of Publishers Weekly today.

On the way home, I finished reading American Philosophy A Love Story by John Kaag.  I enjoyed reading the story.  The end part was interesting, there was some material on Pearl S. Buck and Jane Addams of Hull House which was satisfying.  I like the idea of examining the history of a professors personal library from a both an antiquarian, philosophical, and historical perspective.  I enjoyed reading this book because it gave me some new understanding on how people gain meaning from books.

Web Bits 


My Turn: The Many Reasons to Love Libraries

 Author Speaks About Mount Vernon’s Legendary Athletes During Book Signing Ceremony at the Library

Mount Vernon School of Music Holds Impressive Holiday Recital

No comments: