Friday, December 9, 2016

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2016

Richard-Edward-Miller-anectar.jpg
Woman Reading in the Garden, Richard Edward Miller, 1915

Daily Thoughts 12/09/2016

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of American Philosophy A Love Story this morning.

I checked the displays and the gift books.

I am preparing for Bruce Fabricant's reading tomorrow for Mount Vernon, NY Sports Champions, Heroes & Legends.

I read the Publishers Weekly Bestseller list and the New York Times Bestseller list.

I am enjoying reading American Philosophy A Love Story.  The memoir touches on American idols like freedom, self-reliance, reverence of nature, and mans relation to god.  I have been reading Thoreau, Emerson, and Kant as they relate to the author, John Kaag on a personal level.  The book is very reachable.  It is not an academic title.
Web Bits

Denzel Washington Visited His Childhood Librarian for her 99th Birthday
http://ca.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/02016120831487/denzel-washington-miss-connie-librarian-brithday


No comments: