Monday, October 2, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/02/2017

Amanda Sidvall - selfportrait.JPG
Amanda Sidvall, Self Portrait, Between 1870 and 1871

Daily Thoughts 10/02/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I spent some more time contacting people through Linked In about the Local Author Fair.
http://mountvernonpubliclibrary.org/mount-vernon-local-author-fair-2017/

This morning, I am going to work on posters and fliers.

I read some more of The Core Strength Workout on the way to work.  I am reading about the importance of proper posture for health.

I printed up a lot of flyers.  I separated them into packs of flyers to be sent to different local libraries as well as flyers to be distributed in the community.

We are starting to distribute some of the 11" x 17" flyers.  Also, there should be two large posters outside the Mount Vernon Public library soon.

I adjusted the displays to include a number of local authors like Bruce Fabricant, Kenneth C. Davis, Larry Spruill, G. Mae McDowell, James Fair, Karen Leahy and others.

On the way home, I read some of Build A Great Team One Year To Success by Catherine Hakala-Ausperk who is the teacher for the Organization and Personnel Management class I am taking online for the CPLA-- Certified Public Library Administrator certificate.  It gives me a better idea of what to write for my assignments this week.



No comments: