Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2017



Scholar On The Bridge, Ni Tian, 1901

Daily Thoughts 10/17/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of Tool of War.  It is part of a trilogy.  The main character, Tool is an augmented monstrosity built for war.

I finished reading Tool of War this morning.  I like that there is a theme about slavery and control in the story.  Tool who is an augmented human has dog genes which he has to overcome to remain free.  There is a lot of interesting backstory in this book.  I have read the previous two books, Ship Breaker and The Drowned Cities.  I rather liked reading all of the books in the trilogy.

I checked the gift books and the displays today.

We had the crochet group today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. which went well.

We turned in the report for the First Annual Mount Vernon Local Author fair today.

I spent some time working on scheduling.   We arranged for training for Databases on October 20, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.  There is also going to be circulation training on Tuesday, November 7, at 10:00 a.m.

I logged into Peachstate Hobby Distributors for the first time today to look at games.  I have some money to buy games for the library.

Web Bits


When a Librarian Travels...

How 'Big Data' Went Bust


No comments: