Sunday, October 8, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/08/2017


Aristotle Tutoring Alexander, Jean Leon Gerome Ferris, 1895

Daily Thoughts 10/08/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also wrote my assignment for Organization and Personnel Management this morning.

I read a little bit of Antifa the Antifascist Handbook by Mark Bray.  I am reading about the rise of fascism before World War II.  There is a chapter which describes how Mussolini's Black Shirts and Hitler's Brown Shirts rose to political power.  Part of this story is about infighting on the left and the unity of the right in taking power.

I registered with the Public Library Innovation Exchange at MIT.


I also ordered some boxes for the Friends of the Library Book and Bake Sale which is on November 3rd and 4th.  International Games Week is on the same week as the Book and Bake sale of the Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library.

I read a little bit of Literary Theory for Beginners by Mary Klages.  It is an illustrated e-book on Hoopla.  It starts with Aristotle and Plato.

I watched the lecture for this week for Organization and Personnel Management.  I spent some time and wrote a brief paper on how we might handle budget cuts.

I checked the purchse alerts for items on hold.

Web Bits

Smithsonian Puts Over a 1000 Illustrated Japanese Texts Online
http://mymodernmet.com/smithsonian-japanese-books-free-online/

Banned, Burned, and Now Rebuilding: Comics Collections in Libraries
https://blog.oup.com/2017/09/comics-libraries-literature/


Inflatable Space


Alphabet Gets Approval  For Giant Balloons to Restore Puerto  Rico's Wireless Service



No comments: