Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2017

The Child's Brain - Giorgio de Chirico
The Child's Brain, Giorgio De Chirico, 1917

Daily Thoughts 10/11/2017

I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

Last night, I read some of Deep Thinking by Garry Kasparov.  I am reading about computerized chess.  Garry Kasparov is famous for playing IBM's Deep Blue computer.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.  I also put out some flyers for the Mexican and South American Papercrafts program this afternoon in the community room from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

The Mexican and South American Holiday Papercrafts program went well this afternoon.  We had a person from Arts Westchester come by to see the program.  The focus on the program was on The Day of the Dead in Mexico which is coming up on November 1st and November 2nd.

I put in some orders for books this afternoon.

Web Bits

An Obscure Copyright Law is Letting the Internet Archive Distribute Books Publishing 1923-1941
Consider Joining the "Friends of the Library"
Stories Need to Be Told


No comments: