Monday, October 16, 2017

Daily Thoughts 10/16/2017


Scholar On a Rock, Ren Yi, Qing Dynasty, Circa 1880

Daily Thoughts 10/16/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also sent a few photographs to a colleague.

I read some more of Deep Thinking.  There is a little bit on how people can gain unfair advantages in chess.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also entered a few interlibrary loans this morning.

We had a meeting to discuss next years Mount Vernon Local Author Fair.

Right now, I am in the computer lab.

I put in two orders for new books.

I checked out the book Tool of War by Paolo Bacigalupi.  It is young adult science fiction.

I finished reading Deep Thinking Where Machine Intelligence Ends Human Creativity Begins by Garry Kasparov.   The last part is the best part.  Gary Kasparov describes how when humans and machines work together, they beat humans or machines alone at chess.   He also makes the argument that computers make chess more available to people.  There are many more young people involved with chess.

Marsh's Library in Dubland, Ireland


No comments: