Thursday, November 16, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/16/2017

Adversity Is Not Without Bacon Jambalaya.jpg
"Adversity Is Not Without Comforts and Hopes", -- Francis Bacon Quote, Edith Mahier - 1915 "Jambalaya" (Tulane University yearbook) 

Daily Thoughts 11/16/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

On the way to work, I read some of Guide to Electronic Resource Management.  The book mentions the Charleston Conference which focuses on library acquisitions.  It is a conference that I hope to go to one day.

We have our Give Gab campaign live.   https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/let-s-build-robots

I spent some time looking over books that were not in the system.  I also spent some time checking the 800s.

I checked out the book, Start With Why How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek.  I also checked out the book, Finish Give Yourself The Gift of Done by Jon Acuff.

I worked on some scheduling for next months programs.

There is an Introduction to Blogging class tonight in the computer lab from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m..  They might even look at this blog.

We are reading the book, In The Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende as next months book club.

The modern library is about more than books.

Web Bits



New York Public Library Unveils $317 Million Master Plan

New Ulysses Grant Presidential Library At Home in the South


No comments: