Monday, November 6, 2017

Daily Thoughts 11/6/2017

Image result for reading in art
George Henry Boughton, Woman Reading, 1900

Daily Thoughts 11/6/2017

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some more of A World of Three Zeros.  I am reading about entrepreneurship.  Muhammad Yunus describes how small entrepreneurs are the key to ending poverty.  His goal is to use microfinance to drive the growth of small business.  This creates local jobs.  He believes that this can eliminate unemployment by continually creating new businesses.

I also read some more of Life 3.0.  I am reading about entropy right now.

I spent a little time working on programming today.  There is going to be a film shown on Black Lives Matter tonight called "Whose Streets" in the Grace Greene Baker Community Room from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Mount Vernon Public Library.

Web Bits



Brooklyn Public Library and Bard College to Offer Free College Degree Programs in 2018.

Writer In Residence Project at the Quebec Library

Alexander Library is Home to an Eclectic Assortment of Rare Books and Artifacts


 

No comments: