Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Daily Thoughts 06/05/2018


Daydreams, Thomas Couture, 1859

Daily Thoughts 06/05/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I read some of Principles by Ray Dalio on the work.  I am reading about work principles on how to run a successful organization.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

I dropped off two bags of books from Book Expo America to be added to the collection and gave a tote bag to a colleague.

I spent some time working on a few new orders of books.

I also took care of some details around missing books, local authors, some books from Bilingual publications, and damaged materials.  It is always the little details which catch up to you.

I read a copy of Library Journal.  I am part of the way through a giant issue of the New York Times Book Review for June 3, 2018.  I have read two sections, the thrillers and romance section. I should read the sports section.  We need to order some more sports books.

There is a Fundamentals of Comptuers class and a Beginning Microsoft Word class tonight.

Kanopy streaming services includes Public Performance Rights.

Web Bits


Judge Denies Author Attempt to Trademark ‘Cocky’

Brain Study Suggests The Type of Book You Read To Your Baby Is Important

A History of Ink In Six Objects

No comments: