Thursday, June 7, 2018

Daily Thoughts 06/07/2018


Daily Thoughts 06/07/2018

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also prepared my final batch of books to bring to the library from Book Expo America.

I read some more of  Principles.  I am reading about how to handle mistakes without blaming people.

I checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We went spent some time discussing the Community Development Block Grant.  We are going to city hall this evening to make a short presentation.

I distributed the last of the books from Book Expo.

I also worked for a bit on the monthly report for May.  I have a few more statistics which I need.

There is a Beginning Microsoft Excel class tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

There is also an Ozobots class from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. tomorrow.

I went to the Community Development Block Grant meeting and the Director, Evania Thompson gave a presentation for a grant for some ADA improvements to the building as well as for a Teen Computer Area for the Mount Vernon Public Library.

I spent a little time checking the oversize books.

Web Bits


Impatient Former Hong Kong Library Worker Arrested After Stealing Customers' Personal Data To Borrow Books Faster

Eleven Reasons Librarians Rock

Pen America Presents:  Can Free Speech Be Saved? Book Expo

Library Journal Partners With Overdrive for Indie Author Program

No comments: