Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Daily Thoughts 05/27/2020

File:An Election III, The Polling, by William Hogarth.jpg

An Election III, the Polling by William Hogarth, 1754-1755

Daily Thoughts 05/27/2020


checked the library Twitter and Facebook Group. I also checked my Linked In page.

I read the Batman Ninja Turtles Crossover III written by James Tynion IV and illustrated by Freddie E. Williams II and Kevin Eastman. It was a lot of fun to read with plenty of cliches and ninja, joker, and robot action. It featured a wide variety of villains including Krang, the Joker, and Shredder. The joker had a ninja touch to him which was a bit silly. The action was dynamically drawn. The color popped. This graphic novel was worth reading.

I am working on the IMLS Cares Act Grant for libraries. I have most of the Narrative figured out. The time table should flow from the narrative. Then I should be able to write the descriptions of the people I will need for the grant as well as attach resumes. I intend to invite some people in the community to work on this with me.

I posted about the census.

I am going to the Virtual Library Journal Day of Dialog tomorrow on Thursday May 28, 2020.

The CSEA Endorses Lauren Raysor For MVPL Trustee
Both Lauren Raysor and Andrea Fobbs are supported by the union.

Web Bits 


What the HEROES Act Would Mean for Libraries

How To Look Better on Zoom and Other Video Calling Apps

Idea of City Hall in Library Advances

No comments: