Saturday, May 30, 2020

Daily Thoughts 05/30/2020

File:Orfeo Orfei - A Political Cobbler.jpg

Orfeo Orfei, A Political Cobbler, 1873

Daily Thoughts 05/30/2020



I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.

I spent quite a bit of time looking up information on past programs and all the different grants and fundraising I had done in the last three years. It took most of the day.

I did not get a chance to read anything.

Tomorrow night there will be a candidate forum for the Mount Vernon Public Library Trustee Candidates at 8:00 p.m. With Mayor Shawyn Patterson-Howard on Facebook. I am supporting the CSEA backed candidates Andrea Fobbs and Lauren P. Raysor. It is very important that there are open and honest debates where all the candidates participate.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10222965396433623&set=pcb.10222965396793632&type=3&theater

I am finding that librarianship has been increasingly politicized.  I am noticing that politicization is also starting to get into other government agencies as well lately.


Web Bits

Misinformation Has Created A New World Disorder

Warwick Public Library's Pet Tarantula Temporarily Living With Librarian

No comments: