Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More Thoughts.

I have the rough outline for the review of Full of Bull done. I will probably write the review later tonight. I took some more notes on the train in to work. I sometimes juggle my tea with lemon and honey and writing notes on the train in to work. It can be cramped sometimes.

I alternated between taking notes and reading more of The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie. The first part of the book is kind of confusing. The second part seems to clear up many unanswered ideas. The book is full ideas and at times can be quite sensual if not adult in content.

While I was looking for items to purchase for the Job Information Center, I came across a rather interesting manga. It is a career manga called The Adventures of Johnny Bunko The Last Career Guide You'll ever need by Daniel H. Pink. I wonder what it will be like reading a manga on how to further your career. I requested the book to be sent to my library so I could read it. It might be good for the teenagers, people getting their first jobs, or people entering college. I'll have to see.

I also found another interesting urban fantasy book called The Good Fairies of New York by Martin Millar. I hope it is interesting. Sometimes, it is interesting reading about a setting that is real, you can pick out places you might have been. Fantasy books often give a unique viewpoint on real settings. I put the book on order.

Another book came in for me today as well, The Courts of the Crimson Kings by S.M. Stirling. It is set in the romantic mars where aliens terraformed mars millions of years ago with life forms from earth.

Right now, I have been doing various things, mostly updating the law collection and ordering books for the Job Information Center. I have to eventually get down to weeding some of the law books.

No comments: