Thursday, June 26, 2008

Twitterku, More Business Ordering, Random Thoughts

Twitterku

Twitter is the near perfect medium for impromptu haiku. I have written two of them as part of my messages so far. I'll probably write more. It is very easy to integrate them into messages.

Coffee drifts in my dreams
Sweet burnt smoke in a hot cup
Drink it down with milk.

Waking in morning
*Birds chirp outside the window
*Summer is now here.

More Business Ordering

I went through and ordered more business books. An awful lot of the books are motivational hype in the business management area. I wish there were more how to run things books; how to write email, run an office, manage a team, and similar things. There is a little voice that seems to come from the books which says do more no matter what. I wish people would focus a little more on working smart.

After looking at hundreds of business management books, I found a hyped out title that seemed right on target. The cover was even bright canary yellow. Impact How To Get Noticed, Motivate Millions, and Make a Difference In a Noisy World by Ken MacArthur. This is a really well done title, it reaches out and grabs your attention immediately.

Random Thoughts

I am going to stop ordering for the next couple days. My next set of ordering is Social Science books. I think it should be a bit more interesting for me because it includes a lot of very interesting trends like globalization, environmental issues, green issues, investing, and economics.

I did some switching out of the law books. I brought up some new McKinneys New York Annotated and United States Code Annotated. I have some looseleaf material to file as well.

One new book came in for me to read Green: Your Place In The New Energy Revolution by Jane S. Hoffman. I hope it is an entertaining read.

I am about halfway through reading The Long Tail by Chris Anderson.

3 comments:

Jena Isle said...

I admire your eagerness to read books. How I wish I could read all these books you mentioned.

Thanks for sharing.

Book Calendar said...

Thank you. Reading is part of my profession. Reading a lot helps me with my job.

SUSAN SONNEN said...

I love the term twitterku! And what a cool idea. :)