Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Gorilla Librarian, Variant Nursery Rhyme, Disappearing Post



Variant Nursery Rhyme

Hey riddle riddle, the dog and the fiddle, the cat jumped over the moon, the little cow laughed, as the dish rapped a tune with the spoon.



My Post Disappeared

My post disappeared today. This happens occassionally. I'll have to start from scratch again with more material later today. I have to redo my review of the book. Maybe Blogger got tired of me ordering books. Anyways, have a very nice day.

I'm back now after my post disappeared. I'm not going to rewrite my review of Starstrike Operation Orion by Kevin Dockery and Douglas Niles. I will say that I enjoyed reading it. It was better than the first book in the series which I reviewed a few days ago, Starstrike, Task Force Mars. I am looking forward to seeing more volumes in the series.

I spent most of my day ordering books again. I worked this Saturday. In addition to ordering social science books, I ordered some educational titles as well from Choice Magazine.

On the subway on the way home, I read Green Your Place In The New Energy Revolution by Jane Hoffman and Michael Hoffman. It is quite entertaining so far. One of my fvorite facts so far in the book is that before 1919, America was producing 50 million gallons of ethanol. Both Rudolf Diesel and Henry Ford were supporting biofuels for cars. Then prohibition struck. Pure ethanol became illegal, and had to be mixed with petroleum so people could not drink it. By the end of prohibition, petroleum had eclipsed ethanol as the fuel of choice for cars. There is a lot of very interesting information like this.

Tomorrow, I plan on writing the review for The Long Tail by Chris Anderson. There is a lot to say in the review. Some of it is about books and libraries. I think this is a quite important book.

3 comments:

SUSAN SONNEN said...

I enjoyed the video. Thanks!

DineometerDeb said...

Love Monty Python.

Odd that your post disappeared. How could that be??? I have never had that happen. (knocking on wood, knocking on wood).

Annie Mouse said...

i was in southport today with 70's and we went itno the most amazing book shop, it is called a shell shop and does sell shells but 3 floors of books, you could soend all day in there and still be back the next day for more.