Friday, June 13, 2008

Morning Thoughts

I have finished reading The Good Fairies of New York by Martin Millar. I read it while I was on the train. I noticed in back that Martin Millar also writes as Martin Scott. Martin Scott writes a series called Thraxas about a fat detective in a sword and sorcery setting. Thraxas won the World Fantasy Award. His website looks pretty interesting. http://www.martinmillar.com/ Lonely Werewolf Girl looks like something I might read. I am looking at The Good Fairies of New York and Rainbow's End. I am going to start writing a short review for each tonight.

This morning, I went and got my car from the shop. Then I rushed to get to the train. I usually just drive my car to get groceries, the laundry, and a few places around the neighborhood which I can't get to by bus or if I need to take someone somewhere. I sometimes wonder why I still have it.

I did my usual things when I first get in, checking my email, and checking the general reference email. Someone wanted to know if their email worked, so they sent a message to the reference box for the library. I also checked the processing of some of the reference books before they went out on the shelves.

There were three books which I hadn't had a chance to check out last night. Futurecast, How Superpowers, Populations, and Globalization Will Change the Way You Live And Work by Robert J. Shapiro, this was on the New York Times Bestseller List. Shadowbridge by Gregory Frost which is a fantasy novel, and Hot Text Web Writing That Works by Jonathan and Lisa Price. I think, the next book I am going to read is Hot Text. Hopefully, this will improve my web context writing skills.

I did a brief bit of cleaning up my blog and added some more keywords to my blog posts.

No comments: