Friday, July 15, 2011

Daily Thoughts 7/15/2011

Scholarly Tools, A cobweb drapes a scholar's tools in what appears to be an abandoned desk. A vintage globe, telescope, books, pen and ink sit on a desk in this great black and white household image.1852

Daily Thoughts 7/15/2011

This morning, I read some of the book, Out of the Dark by David Weber.  It is an alien invasion story.

I also spent some time cleaning my desk and organizing files.  It has been a while.  I brought up some promotional material from Learning Express and Playaway for patrons to take.  I also updated the Twitter account, checked the displays and got ready for an ordering meeting this afternoon.

This afternoon, I worked on the design for some new signs for the cd collection.  I also spent some more time gathering information on test books to order from the central library district money.

On the way home, I read more of Out of the Dark. The aliens are pack creatures and have a hard time understanding humans.  They also can bombard human civilization from orbit, but have poor ground forces.  It makes for an interesting story.

No comments: