Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daily Thoughts 7/26/2011

Cover art by Frank E. Schoonover from The Warlord of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs, 1919.

Daily Thoughts 7/26/2011 


Last night, I finished reading Germline by T.C. McCarthy.  It is military science fiction with some very interesting twists and turns and a unique setting. 

This morning, I updated the Twitter account, checked the displays, and contacted some people about programs.  I am going to the Association of Community Based Arts of Westchester Writers Networking Workshop on Thursday night.  It should be interesting to see how it is done outside of the library setting.  I have not been to the Association of Community Based Arts of Westchester before.

People seem to be interested in extending the computer class which is tonight.  We are getting good attendance so far.

I also spent some more time thinking about the web site survey and what it means.

Last night, I went to Developing Entrepreneurial Ideas at the the General Assembly http://www.generalassemb.ly/ which is an entrepreneurial training space.  I enjoyed the session very much.  http://entrepreneurialideas.eventbrite.com/   The teacher, William Reinisch was was quite interesting.  It was the first time I have taken this kind of class.  I have visited a number of entrepreneurial spaces like New Work City and gone to various Meetups, but this was quite different.  General Assembly just opened this year in January of 2011.  They had a business card and a website, but no brochures.  The space itself has a very wide open feel to it which is quite comfortable.

On the way home, I read a bit of the book Mindwalks by Mary H. Frakes.  It is a series of short one to two page statements about walking meditation which is a form of active meditation different than sitting meditation.  It is more focused on paying attention to your outward surroundings, breathing while moving, and being aware of your body in motion than sitting meditation.

No comments: