Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Daily Thoughts 7/6/2011


English: A Love Story, painting, oil on canvas, 101.8 x 152.7 cm, by E. Phillips Fox,
1903


Daily Thoughts 7/6/2011

This morning, I read some more of Ernest Cline, Ready Player One.  The book is going to be released in August.  It has a wonderful mix of 1980s cliches and pop culture; everything from Gary Gygax to Duran Duran is mixed in a very ironic manner.  I also read a little more of On Strategy.  The article I am reading now is titled, Reinventing Your Business Model by Mark W. Johnson, Clayton M. Christensen, and Henning Kagerman.  The first model they discuss is when Apple computers business model for the Ipod.

Today was another quiet steady day.  I checked the displays, updated the Twitter account, and designed the flyer for the End of Summer Reading Tea for the Adult Summer Reading Program.  I also put together a display for the Novel Destinations theme from the Adult Summer Reading package.  I picked out some novels by international authors like Guntner Grass, Salman Rushdie, Isabel Allende, Chinua Achebe, V.S. Naipaul, and others.

No comments: