Saturday, January 7, 2012

Daily Thoughts 01/07/2012

Keeping up with science Poster promoting the study of science, showing a microscope, open book, and an eye. Date Created/Published: Ill. : Federal Art Project, WPA, [between 1936 and 1939]
Daily Thoughts 01/07/2012

I have been reading Disrupt Think The Unthinkable To Speak Transformation In Your Business by Luke Williams.  I got it free from the Kindle Store.  I am reading it on both the Kindle Touch and the Kindle for PC program.  It is the nice advantage of synching.  The book is about innovation and ideas.  I like the description of using post it notes to make thoughts physical.  Paper makes thoughts physical more so than computers.

This morning, I spent some time going over the Kindle Fire tablet.  It is the second Kindle Fire I have been asked about how they work.  It was quite interesting and quite a bit more than the Kindle Touch.  The manual was 548 pages long.  There were all kinds of things which you could do on it that were content focused.  I am thinking right now about the Apple Ipad.

The book Boomerang Travels In the New Third World by Michael Lewis came in for me to read.

I am working at the library this Saturday, January 7, 2012.  The library has started opening the first Saturday of each month.  Hopefully with better funding we will be able to open every Saturday.  Money is very tight right now.

William Gibson has a new set of essays out called Distrust That Particular Flavor which I put on hold.  It is his first collection of nonfiction essays.

I am taking a few minutes to apply for the reviews center Beta from Library Journal.
http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/reviews-center/reviews-center-login/

On the way home, I read some more of The Nook Book.  Nook has an easily rhyming name, Look, look there is a nook, it is not quite a book  I also read some more of the book, Disrupt.  Much of the book is about design and the ideas behind innovation in design, not just business. 

I have been thinking about buying an Ipad.  There are some very personal reasons for me to do this.  I may be getting one quite soon.

Web Bits

Occupy This: Graphic Novels About Economic Justice, Social Movements & Historical Revolutions
http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2011/12/collection-development/occupy-this-graphic-novels-about-economic-justice-social-movements-historical-revolutions/

No comments: