Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Daily Thoughts 04/17/2012

Abraham Van Strij, Merchant


Daily Thoughts 04/17/2012

I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library this morning.  I also updated the current events display with a few books on oil and healthcare.   I checked the gift books also and added a few books for young adult as well as some audio cds.

I finished reading the latest Forecast from Baker and Taylor.  I am starting on reading Publishers Weekly.

I took a break and did a few exercises on http://codecademy.com/ .  They now have exercises for CSS and HTML as well as JAVA.  I also watched a little bit of a video on Lynda.com during lunch for Wordpress 3.

I have been reading a lot of reviews from Booklist and other sources.  We have our computer training classes tonight.

On the way home, I read some more of An Economist Gets Lunch.  I like his argument that more immigrants from a wide variety of backgrounds improves restaurant quality.  Immigrants often start new restaurants.  I also like his descriptions of shopping in a Chinese grocery store.


Web Bits

The Decline and Fall of the Library Empire
http://www.infotoday.com/searcher/apr12/Coffman--The-Decline-and-Fall-of-the-Library-Empire.shtml 
Written from LSSI, library outsourcer and barbarian at the gates of the empire.

No comments: