Thursday, April 26, 2012

Daily Thoughts 04/26/2012



Daily Thoughts 04/26/2012

I read some more of The Power of Habit.  Charles Duhigg describes one of the most important keystone habits is to develop willpower or self-discipline with regular activities that require a lot of focus.  Sports helps this a lot.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.

We are having the Computer Lab for Academic Use between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.  I am also checking to see if we might want to have a computer class for Excel and Powerpoint.

I have moved from learning HTML to learning basic CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) in Codecademy,

I spent some more time looking through professional library literature and also took a look at the latest list of purchase alerts for items with high numbers of holds.

Web Bits

Busy as a BEA Visit Book Expo America June 4-7
http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2012/04/shows-events/bea/busy-as-a-bea-visit-bookexpo-america-june-4-7/
This is one of my favorite book events.  I always ship back several boxes of books to my library and enjoy the many events associated with it.

http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2012/04/in-the-bookroom/she-needs-more-book-reviewers/ It looks like Library Journal is looking for book reviewers. It would be interesting if someone wants to try for it.

No comments: