Friday, April 27, 2012

Daily Thoughts 04/27/2012

Homme à la pipe. Signed and dated Marcoussis 30, pencil on paper, 22.9 x 16.8 cm

Daily Thoughts 04/27/2012

I udpated the Twitter and Facebook pages for the library.  I also read some more of  The Power of Habit.  Charles Duhigg is describing how company routines keep the peace inside corporations.  Certain habits become ways of creating truces between rivals.  I am enjoying reading Infoquake as well.  The main character in Infoquake, Natch has a ruthless and obsessive streak which makes him seem more businesslike.

I spent a little more time on CSS with Codecademy today.

I put together the monthly statistics for adult programs for March.  I also did a quick check of the gift books and the displays.

This morning I took some time off to speak to a colleague originally from Brooklyn Public Library.  It was informative.  Things are quite challenging for libraries right now.

The book Straphanger Saving Our Cities and Ourselves from the Automobile by Taras Grescoe has come in for me to read.  I have always been a big fan of trains.

Web Bits

Infographic Meet the 19%
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/infographic-why-publishers-should-focus-on-the-19_b50691


No comments: