Monday, July 9, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/09/2012


Still life with booksCirca 1650.  Attributed to Jacques Bizet


Daily Thoughts 07/09/2012


I finished my vacation today.  I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts in the morning.  I returned a bunch of material which I took for the vacation and donated a few books including James Lovegrove's The Age of Aztec.  There were two books waiting for me when I came in, a graphic novel, Flex Mentallo Man of Muscle Mystery by Grant Morrison and the Mongoliad Book One.


I also checked the displays and made sure the gift books were in order.  I had to update the current events display extensively.

We have the teenagers coming in with their Summer Reading lists.  Also, we are steadily getting people to bring in sheets of books they have read for the Annual Adult Summer Reading Game.  Things are going smoothly.

Library Journal sent me several advanced reading copies today, The Malice of Fortune by Michael Ennis which is a novel which includes Niccolo Machiavelli and Leonardo DaVinci as characters; The Double Game by Dan Fesperman which is a spy novel; Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee which is a nonfiction historical book about food; A novel called Bella Fortuna by Rosanna Chiofalo; and a young adult novel, Charly's Epic Fiascos by Kelli London.  I always enjoy receiving these items.  I also have an issue of Library Journal, several issues of Publishers Weekly, and two issues of The New York Times Book Review to read through.

I put the book Existence by David Brin on hold.

There is an exhibit of art on nature in the rotunda galley which includes some very interesting paintings of fish and coastal landscapes.  I put some books on watercolor, landscape painting, and fish in the display cabinets which were not being used around the gallery.





No comments: