Monday, July 23, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/23/2012

Three men reading on a bench, Queen's Park, Toronto, Canada. 1908

Daily Thoughts 07/23/2012

I read some more of The Don't Sweat The Small Stuff Workbook.  It is very easy to do.  Also the book Energized by Edward M. Lerner came in for me to read.

I updated the Twitter and Facebook page for the library this morning.  I also checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

This afternoon I did a little inventory in the mezzanine.

It has been a very quiet day.

On the way home, I started reading Energized by Edward M. Lerner.  The technology and politics in the novel are more interesting than the characters.  They drive the story.  The United States has captured a comet in orbit before it could strike earth, and now they are mining it to make a giant solar power satellite.  It is far fetched but interesting.  There is also quite a bit on astronomy and NASA.  I am enjoying reading the novel.  I can pretty much ignore the characterization.

Web Bits

Who Authenticates The Blogged Word?  The Publishers or the Readers? by Matthew Ellis
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/158678-who-authenticates-the-blogged-word-the-publishers-or-the-readers/?goback=%2Egmp_1818722%2Egde_1818722_member_137502954
I think it has always been the readers which make a work successful in the end.


No comments: