Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/31/2012

Karel Van Der Pluym, Old Man Holding A Pair of Spectacles, second half of the 17th Century

Daily Thoughts 07/31/2012

This morning, I read the paper on the way to work.  It feels much lighter than reading online.  I usually read Yahoo News and CNN online.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library this morning.  I also checked the gift books, the displays, and did a little more inventory in the mezzanine.  In addition, I spent a little time looking at the scheduled programming for August.

I spent some time in Titletales from BWI.  The book, Buddypress for Dummies by Lisa Sabin-Wilson came in for me to read.  I also checked out the book Difficult Conversations What Matters Most by Douglas Stone.  There were a few titles that caught my interest Joseph Anton: A Memoir by Salman Rushdie about when he was in hiding.  Another book looked interesting coming out in September is The Kickstarter Handbook Real Life Crowdfunding Success Stories by Don Steinberg.

I also started reading Difficult Conversations.  It starts off by discussing why it is often difficult to start certain conversations.  The whole set of author is Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen of the Harvard Negotiation Project, Tenth Anniversary Edition.

Web Bits

Ebook Choices and the Soul of Librarianship
http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2012/07/ebooks/ebooks-choices-and-the-soul-of-librarianship/

Book Riot Launches 'Start Here' Kickstarter Campaign
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/book-news/deals/article/53358-book-riot-launches--start-here--kickstarter-campaign.html
I rather like Book Riot.  It has a rather popular feel to it.

No comments: