Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/11/2012



Daily Thoughts 07/11/2012

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  We also had a collections meeting to discuss the collection development budget this afternoon.  I thought it went well.

I spent a little time checking the displays this afternoon.  I also spent some time looking at the statistics for the website.  People are very much interested in the special collections, the photographs of old bookmobiles, the services like literacy, the rotunda gallery and similar material.  What it shows is that people like to think of the Mount Vernon Public Library as a cultural institution and want to see examples of this on the website.

I have been steadily reading more of Thomas Jefferson's Creme Brulee. There are lots of descriptions of early French cuisine.  We learn people drank wine, beer, and cider instead of water because water was not safe.  Right now, I am reading about Jefferson's travels through French wine country.

No comments: