Friday, July 20, 2012

Daily Thoughts 07/20/2012

Reading Room, Public Library [picture] / Charles Nettleton 1878.

Daily Thoughts 07/20/2012

This morning I did some more exercises in The Don't Sweat The Small Stuff Workbook on the train to work.  The exercises are easy to do and have a light touch to them. 

I checked the Facebook and Twitter accounts for the library.  Right now, I am catching up on cleaning up my desk.  I cut some scrap from left over documents, cut up some extra bookmarks to put out, cleared off a bit of my desk, and put a new collection management sheet for the patron requests at the reference desk.

I also checked the gift books and the displays.

I did some more desk clearing and put out some marketing material for the Playaways and bookmarks the Job & Career Accelerator portion of  the Learning Express Database.  I also found a copy of Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Prisoner of Heaven which I plan to read.  It was officially released on July 12, 2012.

I spent a little bit of time looking at citizenship test books.  Patrons have been asking for them.

Web Bits

Retro 1960s Library Posters
https://secure.flickr.com/photos/vblibrary/sets/72157623618957199/with/4480094816/

No comments: