Friday, October 5, 2012

Daily Thoughts 10/05/2012

Nikolaos Gyzis, Historia, Oil on Panel, 1892
 
Daily Thoughts 10/05/2012

This morning, I read through part of the vocabulary section of Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish.  I also checked the Twitter and Facebook accounts for the library.  Tomorrow we are having the Mount Vernon Animal Shelter come.  They are doing a pet food drive at the library from October 1-6, and on Saturday are showing some cats and dogs for adoption.

I put some books on cats on dogs in the display next to the circulation desk with a colleague.  I also checked the displays and the gift books.  The Friends of the Mount Vernon Public Library are sorting through donations right now for the book sale.

I also did a bit of ordering focused on computer books, drawing books, popular nonfiction, and career books.

Today has been a quiet day.

On the way home, I started reading Savvy Dealing with People, Power and Politics at Work by Jane Clarke. One of the library patrons recommended that I read it.  I am reading about the difference between making reactive and proactive decisions.  It is about being prepared.

Web Bits

Auto-graphics Adds Self-Publishing Tool to Library Software
http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2012/10/software/auto-graphics-adds-self-publishing-tool-to-library-software/

Defending The Freedom to Read the History of Banned Books Week
http://atyourlibrary.org/culture/defending-freedom-read-history-banned-books-week

No comments: