Monday, October 15, 2012

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2012

A.L. Leroy, Interior With A Man Reading At His Desk, 1827, From Wikimedia

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2012

This morning, I checked the displays and checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.  I also did some more ordering focused on professional books for librarians.  There are some titles which should be of use.

I am writing a short summary of my activities during the last month.

I have a copy of the New York Times Book Review to read on my desk.  I just checked out Online Reputation Management for Dummies by Lori Randall Stradtman as well as The Little Book of Talent by Daniel Coyle.

I read another chapter of Madrigal's Magic Keys to Spanish on the way home.  I also started reading The Little Book of Talent.  It is focused on 52 different ways to improve your skills.  The first section is on how to start building skills.  I rather like the idea of keeping a journal as a form of building skills.  I also like the idea that practicing in a very spartan area with no distractions helps.

Web Bits

Three Startups That Could Change the Market
http://bookseller-association.blogspot.com/2012/10/three-start-ups-that-could-change-market.html

No comments: