Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2013

Advertisement for Children's Books, Aubrey Beardsley, 1894

Daily Thoughts 10/15/2013

This morning, I read some more of What Science, Mathematics, and Logic Cannot Tell Us I am learning about set theory and the concept of infinity. I don't understand most of the diagrams, but they are interesting to look at. This is no different for me than when I look at financial figures. I spent a little more time on the way home reading about unsolvable problems in mathematics. It gives me a little comfort that we will never know everything.

I spent some time this morning checking the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays and did a little shifting in the oversize books.

I spent a bit of time this morning looking at patron requests. There were several requests for books on Autocad and Autodesk. we have a number of patrons that do computer work.

I also did a little more ordering for the adult books.

This afternoon, I spent a little time working with the children's room on ordering for Overdrive Advantage.

The library had a tablet class in the computer lab this evening as well as a basic email class.

Web Bits

Computer Science Pioneer Jaron Laneier Discusses Big Data Privacy at NYPL.

http://www.thedigitalshift.com/2013/10/social-media/computer-science-pioneer-jaron-lanier-discusses-big-data-privacy-at-nypl/

No comments: