Monday, October 28, 2013

Daily Thoughts 10/28/2013

Reading Couple (Edmund Renoir and Marguerite Legrand), Pierre Auguste-Renoir, 1877

Daily Thoughts 10/28/2013

On the way to work, I read some more of Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris. He can be very funny in often slightly inappropriate ways. For example, he describes buying aspirin to give out to people who attend his book readings. I like his essays on his experiences traveling. They give a rather different perspective on our world.

This morning, I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library. I also checked the displays. I spent a little more time with the children's room going over ordering. We also discussed weeding a little bit.

I did some ordering this morning focusing on the bestsellers and patron requests. I am going to be focused on ordering bestsellers until the end of the year.

Right now, there are new computers being put in for both the cybercorner and the computer lab. We also updated the computer class list for November and December.

Web Bits

The Value of Reading Novels http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuly-yanklowitz/reading-novels_b_4168344.html

Make It @ Your Library Website Launches Connecting Librarians and Makerspaces http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2013/10/make-it-your-library-website-launches-connecting-librarians-makerspace

No comments: