Friday, October 25, 2013

Daily Thoughts 10/25/2013

Daily Thoughts 10/25/2013 I spent a little time last night reviewing my Facebook skills with the book, Teach Yourself Visually Facebook The Fast and Easy Way to Learn by Ben harvell. I rather like the Teach Yourself Visually series because it has lots of technology books with extensive illustrations on how to do things that are easy to follow.

I checked the Facebook and Twitter for the library this morning. I have a copy of Bookpage to read. Bookpage is turning out to be very popular at our library, we increased the monthly number of magazines from 50 to 100 a month.

I spent some time going over Ipage from Ingram and Titlesource 3 from Baker and Taylor for ordering with the children's room. I also spent a little time with the new computer lab assistant looking at different library websites. I have the new adult manual for the 2014 Adult Summer Reading Program which is called Literary Elements.

Web Bits

Should We Rewrite Jane Austen

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/19/should-we-rewrite-jane-austen

Jane Austen is in the public domain. The reason for the public domain is to be creative. This at least should be interesting.

Photos from The Library A World History

http://www.greenwichtime.com/entertainment/books/slideshow/Photos-from-The-Library-A-World-History-72674.php#photo-5363286

No comments: