Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Daily Thoughts 11/04/2014

Still Life With Gingerpot, Piet Mondrian, 1911

Daily Thoughts 11/04/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also finished reading How Google Works. It is very much a book designed to give a positive message about how the company works.  However, it does also offer some insite into how to become competitive in the way Google is competitive.  There is a lot that would be useful to a startup or technology company in this book.

I went and voted today.  The library is closed for election day today.

I watched the DVD of the Monuments Men.  It was about recovering looted art from the nazis during World War II.

I started reading Ancillary Sword by Ann Leckie, it is the sequel to Ancillary Justice.

I did an interlibrary loan request for Digital Media Labs In Libraries by Amanda L.Goodman. It is a new book which came out on September 30, 2014.

Web Bits



E-book Mingles Love and Product Placement

America’s Star Libraries, 2014: America’s Top Rated Libraries

No comments: