Saturday, November 29, 2014

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2014

Heinrich Vogeler, Martha Vogeler Lesend, circa 1905

Daily Thoughts 11/29/2014

I watched a documentary on Irish Writers last night.  It was interesting.  There was quite a bit about plays.  I liked the sections on James Joyce and Oscar Wilde.  The documentary was published by Kultur.




On the way to work, I read some more of Cibola Burn by James S. Corey.  The corporate colony ship has declared martial law over the existing settlement because some of the settlers blew up their landing pad and killed some of their security people.  In the background, there are intimations of a dangerous alien presence.




I checked the Twitter and Facebook for the library.


I put the book The Resurrectionist the Lost Work of Dr. Spencer Black by Elmer Holdspeth on hold.  It looks rather macabre.

I read a copy of Publishers Weekly.  I put the book, Bad Paper Chasing Debt from Wall Street to the Underworld by Jake Halpern on hold.

I spent some more time working with the oversize books.  I also spent some time working on programming.


Web Bits

Libraries on Film
https://www.pinterest.com/gmeberhart/libraries-on-film/






TNT Debuts A New Trailer for Their Upcoming Series the Librarians




Westchester Library System Empowers Communities, #lohudcares



No comments: