Monday, November 17, 2014

Daily Thoughts 11/17/2014

Charles James Richardson, Interior View of a Library In Gothic Style, Drawing, 1860

Daily Thoughts 1/17/2014

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I also checked the displays and the gift books this morning.

We had a job workshop in the computer lab.

Then the building shut down at 12 noon because of plumbing issues.

On the way home, I read some of The Glass Cage Automation and Us by Nicholas Carr.  It is a critique of our unthinking use of computer algorithms and automation to make life easier.  Nicholas Carr describes the problem of technological employment.  He also describes how it is eating into the middle class.  Unlike Nicholas Carr, I don't see driving as a pleasure.  I look forward to having automated cars in the near future.

I put the book, One Lucky Bastard by Roger Moore on hold.  I think James Bond can be interesting and my view is that Roger Moore played him best.

Web Bits



4 Tech Trends Every Librarian Needs to Know
http://www.cilip.org.uk/cilip/blog/4-technology-trends-every-librarian-need-know

No comments: