Thursday, July 9, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/09/2015

Reading the Part, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, 1874-1876

Daily Thoughts 07/09/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook.

I read some more of Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits on the way to work.

I spent some time working on 700s, the art books.

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I spent a little time working on a display for the Summer Reading Program which has been going steadily forward.  We have a variety of giveaways including a pen, some sticky pad books, a little pouch, and a tote bag, all with our logo on it.  The final prize for adults is a ticket to a jazz concert on August 20, 2015 in the evening.

I interviewed someone for a substitute librarian position.

I read a copy of the Times Literary Supplement.  I also spent some time working on an order of new books for next week.  Two books came in for me to read, The Marketing Plan Handbook by Robert W. Bly and The Unincorporated War by Dani Kollin and Eytan Collin.

There is a class on Android Smartphones tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

On the way home, I read a little bit more of Dead Wake the Last Crossing of the Lusitania.  The German embassy during World War I announced they would sink the Lusitania if it set sail before the boat left the dock.  There is a bit on why the passengers went anyways.

I read some more of Guerrilla Marketing for Nonprofits.  I am reading a long list of ways to reach out to people.  There are over two hundred of them.  Everything from business cards to having a tag line to contests to providing good customer service.

Web Bits


How the New York Public Library is Bridging the Digital Divide

No comments: