Friday, July 24, 2015

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2015

Reading - Berthe Morisot
Reading, Berthe Morisot, 1888

Daily Thoughts 07/24/2015

I checked the library Twitter and Facebook this morning.

I am going to work very early because we have two early focus groups at the library, one at 8:00 a.m. for community leaders, and one at 9:00 a.m. for staff.  I am helping out with this a bit.

I did a bit of help with the set up. I also spent some time at the 9:00 a.m. session discussing the library with my colleagues.  We discussed the future of the library and the unique things about the Mount Vernon community.

I read the latest copy of the New York Times Bestseller List and the August Baker and Taylor Forecast. 

I checked the displays and the gift books.  I also put some books and graphic novels on hold for programs.

I also spent some time discussing weeding with the assistant director.  We are also working on an electronic scheduling system.

I spent some time working on an order for new books.  I am planning on speaking to Baker and Taylor about their new Titlesource 360 ordering system.

Web Bits


Behind the Bookshelf At Home With a Librarian

Paddle Out to the Floating Library

No comments: